About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Severe Weather

I was watching the raindrops hit the window pane and lightning strike when I heard a loud crash. I quickly ran down the spiral stairs to find my parents and little brother scream. I looked for them past the open living room. On my way to the dining room I found a cereal bowl on the floor with milk making a ring around it. I continued walking around the house until I found them. They were all standing in the kitchen staring out through the large bay window. I noticed what they were looking at. A big oak tree was split in half with branches hanging over the jagged edges. After a few minutes of amazement we retreated from the window and heard another loud crash as the house shook. We ran back to the window and this time we found fire along the recently fallen tree.
My dad raced to the living room television to find that there was a severe thunderstorm in our area. My parents figured out what to do in the situation. We had fifteen minutes to choose our favorite things and get in the car parked in the drive way. I ran up the stairs and headed towards my room. I grabbed my camera, mp3 player, cell phone, and a book. These were the things that meant most to me. Once we were in the car, we went up north to our grandmother's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment