About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Bedroom



Recently, I have updated the look of my room. Before I did anything to it, it had beige walls with traditional wallpaper on the top edges.
In the summer I decided that it was time for my room to represent me. I painted the walls a purple hue that brought joy to my face. I even painted over the wallpaper. The purple represents the calmness in my life, and whenever I walk in I actually do feel calm. There has been wall to wall carpet since we moved here and I didn't want to do anything with it, so I left it the way it is. My bedroom furniture is wood, but it almost looks like marble, because of the finish of it. I believe that the color seems almost airy and angelic. The color reminds me of me, because I'm as delicate as the color. In the left hand corner I hand painted an easel to look like the room. There I put a frame that has pictures of when I was a little girl. Under the easel, I placed two flowery storage boxes on top of eachother.
On the forward facing wall, I also handpainted a small table to match the room. Above the table I put a wall hook, because I always have things laying around and it's much easier to just throw things on the hooks. Ever since then, there hasn't been a moment where no hook is occupied. That's where the hooks are like me, always doing something. The word 'Relax' is on top of the hooks because it contradicts the purpose of the hooks. The hooks are always holding something, therefore they can't relax. My comforter sheets are also purple with leaves and stems printed on them. The comforter represents me in the ways that I try to be environmentally conscious and my love for nature. Over the window is a thick white burlap curtain with holes on the top. The curtain is contemporary because I love incorporating an old color with a new style. I am like the curtain, because as light as I seem, sometimes it's hard to let the light in. Overall, I have three mirrors in my room, not because I like to look at myself, but because the more mirrors the more light there is. One last important thing in my room is the books I have laying around. It makes me laugh that many of the books that lie around my room, I haven't finished reading, because I have a bad habit of reading part of one book and going on to the next, but all the books I own are very important to me. They show me other people's lives, whether fact or fiction. This is my bedroom and that's a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment