About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Most Difficult Thing


The most difficult thing that I had to do was to give up coffee. I was so little when I had started drinking coffee that I don't remember when I actually started. I remember sipping coffee with my dad as if I was the age I am now. We would talk over coffee and have dinners with coffee on the side. Having consumed a great amount of coffee since I was a young girl, makes me believe that it has stunted my growth. A few years ago, I knew that I had to stop drinking caffeine as if it was normal. Along with one coffee per day, I was also having sodas on a regular basis. The thought of what it was doing inside my body, grossed me out and I knew I had to drop the habit little by little. I cut soda out of my diet completely. In other words, cold turkey. What was hard to drop was the coffee, but I knew that it was necessary. The soda wasn't difficult, because there were other things in the refrigerator that were as good. I had to find a replacement for coffee, and I remember that when I had lived in New York with my great aunt, I would drink tea. Tea has caffeine but I believe it's not as bad as coffee is. Once I had replaced coffee by tea, I drank tea about twice a day. Now it's a few times a week. I broke the habit of coffee and I now drink it occasionally. Tea is what I'm passionate about! I drink sweet tea atleast twice a day and I have hot green tea in the morning. I have become a tea fanatic; I always switch it up, though. Giving up coffee was the most difficult thing that I've ever had to do, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment