About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Monday, September 20, 2010

African Proverb

"If you give, you will recieve."
-African Proverb

I am a fan of this proverb that it's a normal part of my life. I choose to give so much that it almost feels like it's normal for me to recieve. I may not give large amounts, but like another proverb, it's the thought that counts. A major example is when we give at church on Sunday morning, we see that giving with an inner happiness leads to great things during the week. A personal example was when I had given my little brother an $80 gift card for Game Stop during Christams, and in return I wasn't worried about what I was going to get. While I wasn't focused on what I was to recieve, I got $200 for shopping from my parents, an mp3 player, and a camera.
Sometimes we don't even see the material things we get from giving, but for me it's good enough to feel like great things are happening even though I don't see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment