About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

High Hopes, Low Slopes

Many years ago, I decided that I wanted to be an actress. I told my whole family. I didn't know which step to start with towards my dream. Somehow, God led me to the beginning of my acting struggle. A company that chooses new actors was coming into the town that I lived in to find new talent. I remember being very excited to go to the auditions so my parents supported me and took me.
I walked into the hotel, where the auditions were being held, with my head and hopes as high as I could get them. Little did I know, that there were going to be professionals there. That was the complete introduction to a whole new world. As I walked in through the glass doors, I stood in awe to find dim lights and a huge line of people. It was a crowd! They weren't just people, they were well dressed people! My confidence was still there, but it had sunk a little. A woman in a business suit settled the noise down and guided everyone through double doors into a room with music blasting through the walls. The company introduced themselves and then made people stand in two lines to the left and right sides of the room.
I remember standing on the left side with a gut wrenching feeling and my heart in my throat. I walked up to a man with short hair and a tie. He wanted to know my name and my favorite hobbies. I was way too shy and scared, therefore he decided that I wasn't ready for the acting industry, because I was too afraid to be approachable. I walked with my head down to where my parents were standing and silently cried. That night was the worst night of my life, because as perfect as I thought I was, someone was telling me otherwise. I had high hopes, but had been let down. I realized it was because it wasn't my time and I've learned very much since then. I've been doing all sorts of auditions for years and have learned that imperfections are what make us who we are. Others either like us or not.
The last couple of acting auditions that I have done, I have passed with flying colors. In fact, the last one I did, I was extremely sure that I had passed, because of the look the company owner had given me on my way out the door. With no surprise but much excitement they called me the next day to say that I had made it. Unfortunately, this came at a busy time in my life and I couldn't be part of the company, but I still have hopes that one day, maybe soon, I will be where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment