About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Talk and Dialogue


When we hear the words talk and dialogue we automatically start thinking of speech. Speech has very much to do with both of these words, but that doesn't mean that's the definition.

When we talk we are expressing ourselves through speaking. It could also mean that we are having a conversation about something and anything. That means that it's not the same as dialogue. Dialogue is written as a conversation between two or more people. Dialogue is never just a word or two, it's talking completely. A formal discussion is what takes place when dialogue happens.

As you see, talk and dialogue are similar but different words. Talk implies the action and dialogue implies the thing, which is why talk is a verb and dialogue is the noun.

No comments:

Post a Comment