About Me

My photo
I enjoy long walks on the beach, lol. haha! That is not how I'm starting my about me section. I love big cities and I'm glad to be alive. I love love although it disapoints sometimes but every heartache ends with a lesson that we either take as experience or regret. I'm a very complex person beyond the simple facade. Get to know me! It'll be a ride!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dusty Pink

I think sometimes we look past the innocence that lives within us. It all depends on the sort of innocence we carry; I'm a dusty pink. As a little girl, I always chose the dusty pink nail polish to paint my delicate toes and fingers. Like me, the color was as frail as rose petals. In fact, I remember carefully picking different colored roses from the rose bed in the backyard and then bringing them inside the house to give to my mother and she'd say, "You're just like this rose over here." and it would be the pink rose. Not much has changed, I'm still that way. One thing that has changed is that I can choose a shirt and pants to match without having my parents ask what I'm wearing.
I know I have grown up some, because I no longer wish for a white horse to ride on, but rather an impressive car to drive. Although, that white horse would have been pleasant. Now, I'm a somewhat simple sale lover who is happy with the smaller things in life. Due to my laid back lifestyle, my motto is be calm, collected, and comforting. At night, I bathe in lavender scented bath salt to help me continue living my motto. It's as relaxing as sitting under the air conditioner in extreme heat. It always feels good to be at peace...The way in which we hang ribbons to congratulate a newborn girl into the world is the way it feels to have a dusty pink hue reside in your soul.



1 comment: